The York County Spirit of Service Award
The York County Spirit of Service Award annually recognizes an individual who makes a difference by giving their time and talents through volunteerism.
The York County Spirit of Service Award is sponsored by United Way of York County and Kennebunk Savings. The Kennebunk Savings Bank Foundation will contribute $500 to the award winner's nonprofit or charitable organization of choice.
Nominating an Individual:
- Nominations for the 2018 Youth Spirit of Service Award will be accepted starting in April 2018. See 2017 winner below!
The award is presented annually at our annual Campaign Finale in November. See 2017 winner below!
The following should be considered when nominating:
- The commitment level of the volunteer (amount of time and dedication).
- Impact on the community where the volunteer serves whether in the lives of many or one.
- Whether the volunteer goes above and beyond other volunteers performing the similar service.
- Is the volunteer an "unsung hero"?
2017 York County Spirit of Service Award: Lydia Phillips, Community Bicycle Center and Habitat for Humanity York County
Left to Right: Peg Stansfield, Director of Human Resources at Kennebunk Savings; Lydia Phillips, Spirit of Service Award Winner; and Barb Wentworth, UWYC President & CEO
2017 York County Youth Spirit of Service Award: Heidi Lynn Demers
Heidi Lynn Demers and Brad Paige, Kennebunk Savings President & CEO