In a crisis, in a disaster, in a pandemic, 211 Maine is here to help every person in our community. From finding food or help paying for housing and bills, to connecting to other essential services, 211 is there whenever someone is ready to reach out.
211 Maine is a critical part of United Way’s work to advance the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community.
HELP SUPPORT THIS NEEDED RESOURCE: By donating to United Way, you are support 211, solving our community's problems, and connected people with resources.
Here are a few reasons why you should use this vital service—and let others know about it, too.
1) 211 provides connections to many kinds of resources and services, including:
- COVID-19 Support
- Crisis and emergency counseling for mental health concerns, domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking
- Substance use treatment and recovery resources
- Disaster assistance
- Food options
- Financial assistance, literacy, and coaching
- Health care and insurance assistance
- Stable housing and utilities payment assistance
- Unemployment services
- Veterans’ services
- Child care and family services
2) 211 Specialists are available 24/7 here in Maine! 211 does more than answer questions and connect individuals with community services. When, someone reaches out for help, they get a live person here in Maine, a caring expert who offers comfort, hope, and solutions - from the first hello to the final connection to help.
Just see what one 211 team member had to say:
“211 is one of the few places where people can call and there is a real person on the other end – to provide information, patience, empathy, and empowering action steps.” - Kimberly, Call Specialist
3) 211 is simple and easy to use. The service is free, confidential, and accessible 24/7/365. Whenever you are ready to reach out for yourself or someone you know, a 211 Specialist is there. It’s also available in more than 180 languages. Callers can identify their preferred language and the 211 Specialist can easily bring an interpreter onto the call.
4) There’s more than one way to use 211. There are multiple ways to access 211 so you can reach out in whichever way you are most comfortable. To connect with a 211 Specialist and find local resources, you can:
- Dial 211 (or 1-866-811-5695)
- Text your zip code to 898-211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit www.211Maine.org
5) 211 tackles problems at the roots. 211 Specialists are trained to identify and address the underlying root causes of a client’s problem – and connect them with a wide range of available resources that meet all their underlying needs, not just the one that prompted the call, text, or email.
6) 211 helps thousands of Mainers each year, many of them just like you. In 2020, 211 fielded over 97,000 calls. During the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, specialists were answering calls at triple the rate from the previous year. As the only statewide directory of all health and human services, people from all over the state reach out to 211 Maine for help.
7) 211 Maine is local. 211 Maine is based in Maine and is a collaboration of the United Ways of Maine, the State of Maine Department of Health and Human Services, and The Opportunity Alliance. Contacts are answered in Maine 24/7/365, never outsourced, always local.
8) 211 is for everyone. 211 is available to help anyone, no matter their situation, income level, or gender, age, race, religion, or sexual orientation. Whether you're looking for information about the state's COVID-19 policies, where you can find a local food bank, or how you can get support for a friend with a substance use disorder, anyone can call 211 and get help.
Learn more and get help by visiting 211Maine.org. And share this information with as many people as possible, so everyone knows where to turn for help.