Please join us for the 25th annual Day of Caring on June 3, 2020!
Click the links below for information on the following topics:
Volunteers are invited to come out for a fun day of service! Some of the benefits to volunteering include:
- A free t-shirt!
- An opportunity to meet great people and learn about local nonprofits in York County
Volunteer Registration: Registration will open April 20 and close May 15, 2020.
Volunteers will be able to sign up themselves and/or teams. Contact Maggie Cummings at 207-985-3359 or email FMI!
See below for further instructions on registration if needed.
Here are some tips to improve your registration and volunteer experience:
- Individuals are welcome to volunteer as well as teams.
- T-shirts will be distributed in May for wearing on Day of Caring. ORDER SHIRTS HERE. Please wear your t-shirt on Day of Caring for safety.
- Volunteers will have a full day of work! The volunteer work will start around 9 AM, and we ask that volunteers work until 3 PM or later.
- Children under 18 years must have a guardian signature and waiver to participate. The waiver can be found here.
- Everyone must sign a photo release prior to participating in Day of Caring. That release can be downloaded here.
Project Registration will open February 12 and close March 30. Nonprofit organizations in York County are invited to register Day of Caring projects to receive volunteers for the day! You are welcome to have as many projects as you would like. Please note that volunteers select projects so make your projects fun and get some excellent work accomplished for your organization at the same time!
Please visit your agency page on volunteer.buildcommunity.org.
If you do not have an account, you will need to sign up by going to Volunteer.buildcommunity.org and clicking on "Click here to register your organization." (See Picture Below)
Here are some tips to improve your project experience:
- ORDER T-SHIRTS for you and your staff. Wear your Day of Caring t-shirt on June 3 so that our facilitators can find you!
- Your agency is expected to provide water, lunch and restrooms to Day of Caring volunteers.
- Your project should last from approximately 9-3 PM.
- Please have a backup plan for volunteers in the event of inclement weather.
- Provide a brief orientation to Day of Caring volunteers and share the great work of your organization!
- Volunteers will be traveling separately so they may not all arrive at the same exact time, but they should arrive by 9 AM.
- Once volunteers have registered for your project, you can access your volunteers' information on Volunteer.buildcommunity.org. Please contact them with any directions that you may have such as a request for them to bring tools, dress appropriate, etc.
Day of Caring not only requires manpower but in-kind and financial support to make the day a success! Sponsoring Day of Caring allows your donation to be felt county-wide by many agencies!
Your donations are used for:
- T-shirts so that volunteers can be recognized and remain safe.
- Your sponsorship will be recognized in the community! Our sponsorship form outlines the recognition levels, please fill out the bottom of this form and return by April 15.
If you have any questions or would like more information about sponsorship, please contact Maggie Cummings 207-985-3359.