It may be the best investment you make all year- for your business AND your community. For a dollar a day, or $365 a year, your business becomes a member of the LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle (details on investment levels). The United Way of York County has created an easy, affordable, and effective way for your company to give back to our local community in a way that benefits your business too. See our current members.
What is the 365 Small Business Circle (SBC)?
While United Way of York County has been bringing business, individuals, and organizations together to advance the common good for the last 28 years, a new initiative is starting in an effort to make philanthropy easier and more rewarding for small businesses in York County.
We are inviting small businesses to become SBC members and investors in United Way of York County in a variety of ways, detailed below.
Why would your business be involved?
With over 4,500 individual donors in York County, we are effecting long lasting changes to improve lives in York County. When our community is strong, our workforce and small businesses benefit. Small businesses are often sent multiple requests to support a variety of important causes such as food security, education initiatives, and efforts helping people meet their basic needs. When you give to United Way of York County, your gift will support these efforts and more, allowing us to invest in initiatives and programs that create long-lasting, measurable and positive change in areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health.
For an annual gift of at least $100, independent contractors or small businesses (generally, those with fewer than 35 employees) will become members of the LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle. Gifts can be a combination of a:
- Business Owner Contribution
- Business Owner Contribution & Employee Gifts
- Business Sponsorship for a UWYC event or project, and/or
- In-Kind Contributions for a UWYC event or project, such as our Auction
Those with combined gifts over $1,000 will be recognized at the SBC Leadership level (see right for draft decal for leadership membership).
RETURN ON INVESTMENT - What are the member benefits?
In addition to knowing that your investment is strengthening York County, members receive special marketing benefits for their gift(s) including:
Small Business Circle Member decal sticker and logo in a format for online or print media (see right for draft decal for standard membership)
- LIVE UNITED yard sign
- Listing and link on UWYC’s website
- Listing in annual report and other relevant publications
- Thank You ad highlighting SBC members in local newspapers
- Recognition at annual Campaign Finale networking event
- Individual or team volunteer projects / ongoing opportunities through the York County Volunteer Center
- Opportunities for additional networking, social, and philanthropic activities
PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS FOR MEMBERS
Color Logo for Ads/Website (right click and "Save Image As" to download)
Black/White Logo for Ads/Website (right click and "Save Image As" to download)
SUPPORT OUR MEMBERS
Do business with those who care for our community and be sure to thank them for giving back!
A * indicates leadership level support to UWYC (over $1,000).
- Advanced Building Products *
- Amtrak Downeaster
- Back Country Excursions
- Benoit's Boutique
- Best of Everything
- Bonanza Steakhouse *
- Canteen Service Co. *
- Captain Jefferds Inn
- Captain Lord Mansion
- Cap'n Fish's Waterfront Inn
- Carl A Goodwin Inc.
- Charter Oak Capitol Management
- China House Restaurant, Saco
- Coastal Jewelers
- Coffee Roasters of the Kennebunks
- Cole Harrison Insurance *
- Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Kennebunkport *
- Compliments Gallery
- Cummings, Lamont McNamee *
- Deep Blue Truth
- Deering Lumber *
- Debra J. Wentworth, CPA
- DJ Gile, Inc.*
- Dr. Bufo, Dentist
- Eagle Industries *
- Eastern Mechanical, Inc. *
- Edison Press *
- Fitness Factory
- Garrett Pillsbury
- Goldust & Rouge Fine Jewelry
- Guay's Sunoco, Kennebunk
- Hackmatack Playhouse
- Haley's Metal Shop, Inc.
- Houde's Hair Stylist
- Jagger Brothers *
- Jim Godbout Plumbing & Heating
- Jonathan's Ogunquit
- Kennebunkport Resort Collection
- Kittery Trading Post
- Libby, O'Brien, Kingsley & Champion LLC *
- Lincoln Press
- Lunder Manufacturing
- Lyons Agency for Insurance *
- Mail-It Unlimited
- Maine Art
- Maine-ly Drizzle, LLC.
- Mann Memorial Veterinary Clinic
- McDougal Orchards
- Naviina Salon & Day Spa
- Nvest Financial Group *
- Ogunquit Playhouse
- Paper Trails
- Port Lobster Co., Inc.
- Rising Tide Brewery
- Ryan Petit
- Saco Sport & Fitness
- Salt & Honey / Jackson Yordon
- Seacoast Dentistry
- Seed & Bean
- Southern Maine Builders
- Spurling Training Systems
- The Fitness Nut House
- The Good Earth
- The Jeweler's Outlet
- The Stadium Gallery
- The Nonantum Resort
- Transparent Audio *
- Xuron Corporation *
- York Fitness Center
List current for 2014 support, as of 2/17/2015
To become a member please contact Tuck Barclay at 207-985-3359