The York County Spirit of Service, Youth Spirit of Service Award
The York County Spirit of Service Award annually recognizes an individual who makes a difference by giving their time and talents through volunteerism.
The York County Spirit of Service Award is sponsored by United Way of York County and Kennebunk Savings. The Kennebunk Savings Bank Foundation will contribute $500 to the award winner's nonprofit or charitable organization of choice.
Nominating an Individual:
- Nominations for the 2019 Youth Spirit of Service Award are being accepted now--CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE. See 2018 winner below!
- The adult Spirit of Service award is presented annually at our annual Campaign Finale in November. See 2018 winner below!
The following should be considered when nominating:
- The commitment level of the volunteer (amount of time and dedication).
- Impact on the community where the volunteer serves whether in the lives of many or one.
- Whether the volunteer goes above and beyond other volunteers performing the similar service.
- Is the volunteer an "unsung hero"?
2018 York County Spirit of Service Award: Libby Hite and Wanda Parent
Libby Hite of Seacoast Soul Models with Brad Paige, Kennebunk Savings President & CEO.
Wanda Parent of Sanford Stuff the Bus with Brad Paige, Kennebunk Savings President & CEO.
2018 York County Youth Spirit of Service Award: Project Playback
Project Playback's Juli Ennis, Jason Albaum and Colby Ellis with Brad Paige, Kennebunk Savings President & CEO.